Children Ministry Coordinator: Vacant
Youth Minister: vacant
Harvest Fellowship’s Children and Youth ministries strive to produce kingdom disciples into the next generations. We do this by teaching the Truth, providing godly role models and creating opportunities for our kids to practice what they learn.
We teach the Truth by:
- having Sunday School classes from infants through Senior High. Or as someone once said, "From Diapers to Diplomas."
- providing a Children's Church called "My Father's House" for children ages four to third grade. Here the students learn about the what goes on during a worship service so they are prepared to one day worship along side their older brothers and sisters in Christ.
- encouraging our youth to participate in our weekly Small groups.
- creating small adult led fellowship groups for youth.
We provide godly role models by:
- training our Sunday School teachers and adult volunteers to deliver and gospel-centered lessons each week and to practice grace in their classrooms.
- adults participating in "Connecting Generations" with the understanding that they are building relationships with the younger generations and providing skills, experiences and opportunities that the children and teens might not otherwise have.
We create opportunities to practice what they learn by:
- encouraging our youth and children to serve the congregation and community. We have three and four-year-olds responsible for collecting the communion cups at the end of the service. For nearly two decades, our youth have had the sole responsiblity of projecting song lyrics on the walls during the service.
- recruiting older elementary school and middle school children to help in My Father's House, run games during VBS, and assist in the nursery.
- regularly participating in a monthly Nursing Home vist.
- accepting their help on Christmas in April and Habitate for Humanity projects and serve those in the church who need it.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pictures from Vacation Bible School 2015.
Video for children youth ministries.